Beauty: Fit For The Queen
Queen Elizabeth II turned 91 on the 21st of April. And this Monday, Australian’s in every state (except QLD and WA) will celebrate her birthday with a public holiday.
There’s a lot to admire in the world’s longest-serving monarch. For now, SPA+CLINIC pay tribute to her unique aesthetic.
With a broad, white smile that lights up the room and twinkling eyes, The Queen’s beauty clearly radiates from within. But there’s no denying that she still looks as great as she did 25 years ago.
Besides the rumours that she covets Clarins Ever-Matte Mineral Pressed Powder in Transparent Fair, and that her signature scent might be Floris White Rose, her actual beauty routine is a bit of a mystery.
However, there’s three elements to her appearance that can be emulated. We break them down:Immaculate Hands
On the rare occasions Her Majesty is photographed sans gloves, it’s clear that her hands are incredibly well-preserved. This is likely the result of dedicated hand-care rituals. Some say she will only wear pale pink polish the colour of ballet slippers.Covet it:
Dermatologist developed, OPI Pro Spa’s collection boasts products (such as hand masks) that are normally reserved for facial skincare.
1. Apply OPI ProSpa’s Exfoliating Sugar to hands and forearms, then massage with a circular motion.
2. Next apply a thin layer of the Spa Soothing Mask to hands and forearms then wrap them in a warm, damp towel for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the mask using the same towel.
4. Warm OPI ProSpa Massage Cream in your palms before applying it all over the backs of hands, right up to the elbows.
5. File nails so they’re short and neat, apply pale pink polish, then top and base coat.
The Queen’s hair is always styled to perfection and in top condition. Many swear she uses a Kent original wooden style brush. Indeed, the British purveyor of fine brushes have been in business since 1777. They are said to have been used by members of the Royal Family for centuries.Covet it:
1. Keep hair healthy and fresh-smelling using Omveda Apple Shampoo that’s suitable for all hair types.
2. Spray a light mist of Omveda hair tonic onto the scalp for a boost of nutrients.
3. Style using a soft bristle brush.
Queen Elizabeth II has been photographed numerous times applying bold, creamy lipsticks, straight from the tube. The hues vary from plum to bright red and even coral.Covet It:
1. Apply a bold shade of lipstick (from the tube!) then define the lip line using a lipliner.
2. Alternatively, use a lip crayon such as Jane Iredale’s Play On Crayon which offers colour and definition simultaneously.
[Header image credit : People UK]