We discover the latest trends in booty beauty as well as the latest and greatest in-at-home treatments for your client’s peach.
From cuticle masks to foot masks, treating every inch of your body has become a must for beauty buffs and beauty professionals alike. But a new trend has taken over the scene — say hello to booty treatments.
Given the return to high-cut, low-coverage swimwear and sheer skirts, it’s no surprise that we’re all giving our butts a little more attention than usual. Booty treatments are here to help boost your clients’ confidence, their glow and embrace their peaches whilst minimising and soothing the appearance of cellulite, scarring and acne.
With summer just around the corner, there’s no better time to nourish the booty and give it the TLC it deserves. Cue: the booty facial.
“Coming into the warmer weather, we find the booty facials become increasingly popular as in Australia we are reaching 30ºC plus, people are in workout gear, sweating and neglecting their skin on their booty,” says Dr Michael Chan, founder of Iconic Dentistry & Medispa in Perth. “We see a lot of patients coming in with acne breakouts, and folliculitis, which is the most common for sure!”
So what is a butt facial good for?
“Hyperpigmentation and pigmentation as a lot of these cases can be from acne scarring,” Dr Chan explains. “Then we of course can treat patients who are wanting to achieve a firmer, tighter booty with our skin tightening treatments! Pretty much any treatment we offer on the face can be offered for the body as well (including the booty). For people who are wanting an intensive booty skin transformation, we can offer our skin needling or nano fractional skin resurfacing treatments.”
Iconic’s most popular treatment, the Radiance Booty Facial, is not so different from your average facial and works to exfoliate, lift, even skin tone and texture, hydrate and protect the skin. Dr Chan explains the 7-step process:
- Steamer and Double Cleanse (with hot towel)
- HydraFacial deep cleanse
- Lymphatic drainage
- Blueberry Antioxidant Peel
- Sonophoresis Infusion of bespoke mask
- Serum infusion
- LED Light Therapy
But you should let clients know, keeping skin (ever part of it) in tip-top shape doesn’t mean booking in a booty facial every few months and neglecting your peach in-between. It’s important to stick to a daily routine to cleanse and nourish your skin, especially for those who struggle with certain skin conditions.
Dr Chan shares his top tips for looking after your booty:
- Shower after exercising: Try and avoid going to the gym or exercising in the morning and staying in your workout gear all day. So many people do this and it’s one of the main causes of butt-ne as clogged pores.
- Use a clarifying cleanser on the area every night such as (salicylic acid) to gently chemically exfoliate the area without damaging or irritating the skin.
- Moisturise your booty with a cosmeceutical moisturiser to prevent further breakouts and heal the skin. We recommend the Ultraceuticals Retexturizing Body Complex – formulated with a powerful blend of Lactic Acid to provide deep exfoliation and Niacinamide for moisturisation.
- Don’t be afraid to DO A BOOTY MASK! Masks aren’t just for your face!
And after the professional treatment? You can recommend your clients the latest and greatest at-home treatments to keep your peach in tip-top shape (literally!).
This pack features three sheet masks that will nourish and perk-up your clients’ booties in just 20 minutes. Use the Juicy Peach Butt Mask to improve circulation and nourish your skin; the I’m Bouncy Butt Mask to restore peptides, smoothing out lumps and lines; and the Smooth Operator Butt Mask to detoxify, exfoliate and fight butt-ne and inflammation.
The Booty Co.’s clarifying cleanser is formulated with AHAs and BHAs to cleanse skin, unclog pores and even skin tone. Removing fake tan? No worries. Reducing pigmentation? A breeze. You’ll find a good cleanser will help any booty mask, scrub or serums perform better, too!
Packed with premium natural ingredients including green coffee extract, cocoa butter and vitamin E, this newly launched serum provides a shot of hydration to your booty. It’s rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids to reduce cellulite, bust acne and protect your skin — and it’s oh so easy to work into your client’s everyday routine.
Anese’s collagen- and nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask will leave every booty feeling butter-soft and supple. The lightweight whipped formula promotes skin elasticity, reduces stretch marks and fights acne. Their booty scrub and caffeinated booty oil makes for the ultimate at-home butt treatment.
It’s all in the name with this marine algae sheet mask, which works to sculpt your peach. Plus, it leaves your skin bright and nourished.
Glycolic, malic and azelaic acids combine in this powerful formula to exfoliate, clarify and hydrate your derrière. It’s a three-minute treatment that you can work into your routine every other day to keep your butt soft, smooth and glowing. It’s a facial-grade mask that will rescue you from any skin concerns.
DID YOU KNOW:
There are 5 ways you can catch up with SPA+CLINIC?
- Our quarterly print magazine, delivered to your door. Subscribe here.
- Our website, which is updated daily with its own completely unique content and breaking news.
- Our weekly newsletter – free to your inbox! Subscribe here.
- Our digital magazine – click here to view previous issues.
- Our social media – see daily updates on our Instagram, Facebook & Linkedin